So, how can we become more positive? Developing a positive mindset affects everything about you. Your health, your decisions, career and relationships.
Here are my top tips to help you to be more positive.
- Start the day right. A client of mine is trying not switching her phone on until she has been outside for 20 mins. It could be a walk, run whatever. But she knows she feels better once she has had some fresh air.
- Start an exercise plan. It releases positive chemicals in the bloodstream and will help you to feel more energised.
- Be mindful of how you talk to yourself, keep it positive.
- Be mindful of how you answer questions from others. If you get a compliment, take it with grattitude rather than putting a reason/barrier or reason behind it.
- Celebrate small wins. I bet if you really think about your day so far, you can see you have achieved a few things. We spend too much time just focussing on the big wins rather than the smaller ones which lead us to the bigger one!
- Surround yourself with positive people who encourage you and support you.
- Enjoy downtime without guilt.
Having a postive mindset isnt about being happy all of the time. Its about incorporating both the positive and the negative and choosing to still be generally optimistic.
We won’t always be happy but we can learn to accept low moods and difficult emotions when they come without them totally consuming us.