So, the season is almost over. Its time to reflect and analyse your season. What went well, what could be improved upon? What did you enjoy and what needs more focus?
So, here are my 8 top tips to get you ready for Winter and to make sure you get the most from your training during the darker, colder months.
- I encourage all of my athletes to have some time off. This does not mean no exercise at all, but its not structured. Each person, dependent on what races they did this season, has a different length of break.
- S and C is completed all year round by our athletes, but in the Winter we bring even more in. Making it more focused and specific to each persons needs.
- Sit down with your coach and plan your goals for 2020. Know your WHY. This will help you to stay focused and on track during the darker, colder months.
- Book a training camp. We have one for ALL. March 7-13th 2020 Portugal. Come and join us.
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone else. This is YOUR journey and YOUR goal.
- Some of our squad athletes aren’t coached by us, but they are mentored. This makes them accountable and keeps them on track.
- Keep communicating. Maybe on our FB page, or come to group sessions, join in the Sportives we organise or the masterclasses we run don’t disappear.
- Remember, why you are doing this. What is your WHY. And remember to enjoy it. And I will stand by this saying I have…. WINTER MILES SUMMER SMILES. If you want a great 2020 season, put the work in during the winter months.