Good Training Principles for your BEST 2018 Triathlon Season by Janette Cardy, British Triathlon Coach.
Here are my top 10 best tips to getting your training right this year.
1. Plan your training schedule daily, weekly and monthly.
2. Make your goals specific.
3. Build your training plan gradually, ideally no more than 10% a week.
4. Be committed and be consistent.
5. When you are writing your training plan, factor in daily life commitments.
6. Keep a training log.
7. Make sure you always warm up and cool down in every session.
8. Include strength and conditioning workouts in your weekly plan.
9. Do not avoid your “weaker” element of training.
10. Consider working with a coach who can write your sessions, your plans and mentor you physically and mentally to top performances this year.
For further information or to discuss training options available, contact us directly for an informal chat.