Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined.
A year ago, once things settled down, a number of people admitted they hadn’t really enjoyed a lot about their life “pre lockdown.” A number said they weren’t going back to certain things. And guess what, they are either planning on going back or have already. Is it easy to make the changes. No!
Is it worth it? Yes. If you really don’t get joy from what you are doing.
Now I can hear you saying, BUT I have bills to pay.
I am not saying you have to take huge leaps and big changes all in one go.
But, start by trying the following:
- Ask yourself are you genuinely happy?
- If money wasn’t an issue, what would you do?
- What sacrifices are you willing to make to achieve the life you want?
- Can you start by reprogramming your mind to stay positive.
- Stop comparing your life to anyone else.
- Imagine yourself in your “NEW LIFE” and be honest. How does it make you feel?
Bottom line, this is your life and you owe it to yourself to do what you enjoy. Now, lets be honest, even when you love your job or life, there are still ups and downs. But, 9/10 do you enjoy your days? Or do you find yourself wishing for more.
I am here to tell you stop wishing and start doing.
Lets look at an example.
You might have taught a particular french class at a local college. To get there you allow 90 mins. and 45 mins to get home. Plus the petrol costs. You pay for some stationary. And you buy a coffee afterwards!! So lets look at this properly. You are out of the house for 3-3.30 hours. This works out at £6 an hour! Do you enjoy the teaching? YES. Do you enjoy the journey? And is it allowing you time to follow your dreams. NO. Is it closing doors to other opportunities? YES
So, what would JC the life coach say?
- Be brave and make a decision. No decision is wrong, but just make one. And do it for the right reasons! Then have a plan.
- If you are taking a gamble in your own head, have an alternative plan too to give you some security. Are you willing to work in a coffee shop to earn money if things happen slower than you hoped for?
- What has stopped you achieving your goal before? Is it time? Then, isnt this the answer. You can create time!!! You can make things happen!!!
- Do you believe in yourself?
- When you are 90 do you think you will look back at your life and be proud of yourself for following your heart?
- Do you believe you deserve more?
This can be work, relationships, friendships, anything.
But remember these 3 things.
- Any thing is possible.
- You deserve happiness.
- Live your own life. And stop worrying about the outcome of EVERYTHING!
JUST DO IT!! JUST ENJOY IT!!!