Triathlon is my life.
Its my passion , my job, my hobby and where the majority of my friends come from.
Swimming is especially a HUGE part of my life and if 3 days go past without getting in the pool, then I just don’t feel right!!
Now, as a coach, I appreciate not everyone feels the same way about swimming!
But, I want to help you to make the most of your swimming throughout the Winter months, so next season, you can REALLY feel the benefits.
So, here are my top tips to get the most from your swimming.
Sessions don’t have to be long and boring.
I know sometimes athletes are put off by the fact, they have 3-4 km to do. So, don’t go to the pool and NO session gets done.
So, here are my 5 top tips:
- Lets think of 30-40 mins in the pool. But make it specific and with a true focus. Are you doing an endurance set or an interval set? or is the focus, technique?
- Mix it up. Try different strokes to work different muscle groups.
- Do pace change in the pool. So, maybe a main set of 6 x 300 as 100 easy, 100 medium, 100 effort.
- Train with a friend if possible. I always hit slightly faster times when i train with someone else. It just keeps me “on it”
- Do some sessions without worrying about times. Just think of form, and ignore looking at your watch.
We regularly run swim clinics in Oxfordshire and our next one is November.
1:1 sessions can also be arranged.
If you would like to discuss coaching with Team Cardy, email us directly [email protected]
Don’t put it off, make this winter or even the next month, a real swim focus. It will be worth it!